Take a look https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_errata.
Wow: even a tiny error in editing can be an epic fail! Let’s examine three of the many examples – some of which are funny and some horrifying – and define the kind of mistake made with each:
- The Omission – The Sinner’s Bible, 1631 (“Thou shalt commit adultery”) (ouch!)
- The Non compliant content – The Wife Beater’s Bible, 1549 (can’t repeat/ copy here; clearly an irreverent and bad translation in any era). (yikes!)
- The Goof – The Bug Bible, 1535 (“Thou shall not nede to be afrayed for eny bugges by night”) (doh!)
Without thorough editing and review, we, like Bible printers of the past, end up publishing key omissions, non-compliant content, or goofs that at best reflect poorly on us and at worst can cause all sorts of problems for retailers, consumers, and insurance carriers / their intermediaries alike. And like printers of old, for those publishing on the internet today, once content is released, it is effectively out there for good.
When advertising, promoting, selling, or summarizing insurance ideas, topics, and information related to InsureStays programs, it is essential that all materials and messaging come from approved sources that are reviewed by InsureStays and the program underwriters.
You can avoid goofs, omissions, and non-compliant content:
- Use live links to articles, web-content, and flyers approved by InsureStays.
- Use your RentalGuardian.com provided micro-site.
These two sources of information are reliable, content-approved; and, when changes need to be made, they are updated real-time, helping you and your customers stay informed and up-to-date.
To help our authorized retailers, we have added brochures, required disclosure language, flyers, FAQs, sales and service guides, and other useful supports to the InsureStays website.
Have something you want to say or send and you can’t find what you’re looking for at www.insurestays.com? Send your review/approval request to email@example.com. We will review and send back to you as quickly as possible.