This Travel Protection Program is for US Residents* traveling to US-based and international locations (not subject to published travel restrictions). The Play Travel Protection Program is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Companies and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, OH.
Select Your State of Residence to View your Sample Policy and Schedule of Benefits:
Canadian Residents - click here
*Schedule of Benefits - All references to currency are in United States dollars.
|Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR)||60% Reimbursement
(Cancellation MUST be made 48 or more hours before scheduled trip.)
|Trip Cancellation||100% of Trip Cost up to $100,000|
|Trip Interruption||100% of Trip Cost up to $100,000|
|Trip Delay||$600 ($200 per day maximum, Minimum 6 hours delay)|
|Baggage Delay (Outward Journey Only)||$1,000 ($200 per day maximum, Minimum 12 hours delay)|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$25,000|
|Emergency Accident and Sickness
Evacuation/Repatriation of Remains
|Sports Equipment Rental||$1,000|
|Emergency Travel Assistance with Limited Concierge||Included|
*Up to the lesser of the Trip Cost paid or the Trip Cancellation Benefit amount.
* This Program is for US Residents traveling to US-based and international locations (not subject to published travel restrictions).
* Maximum Trip Cost is $100,000.
* Maximum Length of Trip is ninety (90) days.
*Cancellation with the travel provider must be made 48 hours or more before the scheduled trip.
* The Pre-existing Condition Exclusion applies to Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Trip Delay, Accident and Sickness Medical Expense: A Loss caused by or resulting from a Pre-existing Condition(s) shall be Excluded, unless: (a) the Policy is purchased within fourteen (14) days of Your initial Trip deposit; (b) the booking for the Covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination; and (c) You are not disabled from travel at the time You pay the premium.
** This Benefit is NOT available to residents of New York or Washington.
**This extra coverage is optional and must be shown on your Confirmation of Benefits/Coverage Verification. If You are prevented from taking the Covered Trip for any reason not otherwise covered by this Policy, We will reimburse You or Your designated representative for 60% of the prepaid, forfeited, non-refundable Payments or
Deposits paid to the Travel Supplier for the Covered Trip arrangement(s) provided the following conditions are met: (a) This coverage was purchased within fourteen (14) days of the date the initial Payment or Deposit is paid and insures the cost of any subsequent arrangement(s) added to the same Covered Trip within fourteen (14) days of the date of Payment or Deposit for any subsequent Covered Trip arrangement(s); and (b) This insurance coverage is purchased for the full cost of all non-refundable prepaid Covered Trip arrangements; and (c) You or Your designated representative cancels the Covered Trip no less than two (2) days prior to the Scheduled Departure Date.
This Schedule is only a partial summary of your coverage benefits, and may vary by state. Your coverage benefits, including any exclusions, conditions and limitations, are described in full in the policy document, a copy of which will be emailed or mailed to you upon purchase (click "View Sample Certificate of Coverage" below to view a sample). If you do not receive a copy, or want a replacement, please call (843) 286-5144 or email your request to email@example.com
This Program is provided only via licensed agents or authorized referral affiliates.
CFAR Plan Cost: 10.80% of Reservation Total (Travel Protection Plan with optional CFAR, in states where available).
Nationwide and the Nationwide N and Eagle are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Start a Claim - PlayTravel Nationwide
While on your trip: 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance Call:
This policy provides coverage only related to Your Trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits subject to different restrictions. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home, and automobile insurance policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or insurance agent or broker. Your travel retailer may not be licensed to sell insurance in all states, and therefore cannot answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions, and conditions of this insurance and cannot evaluate the adequacy of your existing insurance. This policy may not provide coverage for or may limit coverage related to pre-existing conditions. The purchase of travel insurance is not required in order to purchase any other product or service. In addition to your policy, the product you are purchasing may contain other non-insurance services and/or cancellation fee waivers offered by companies other than Nationwide.
- Maryland Residents: The offered insurance coverage may duplicate certain provisions of insurance coverage already provided by the purchaser’s homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance, health insurance, or similar insurance coverage. The Commissioner may be contacted to file a complaint at: Maryland Insurance Administration, ATTN: Consumer Complaint Investigation (Property/Casualty), 200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700, Baltimore, MD 21202.
- Delaware Residents: The offered insurance coverage may duplicate certain provisions of insurance coverage already provided by the purchaser's homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance, health insurance, or similar insurance coverage. The purchase of travel insurance would make the travel insurance coverage primary to any other duplicate or similar coverage.
- California Residents: For additional information, contact the California Department of Insurance Consumer Hotline, 800-927-4357 or 213-897-8921.
- New York Residents: The licensed producer represents the insurer for purposes of the sale of the insurance. Compensation paid to the producer may vary depending on the policy selected, the producer’s expenses, volume of business, or the profitability of the insurance contracts. Except as otherwise provided by law, the purchaser may request and obtain information about the producer’s compensation based on the sale or any alternative quotes by requesting such information from the producer.