InsureStays' mission is to collaborate with underwriters, brokers, agents, and technology providers to foster the development, distribution, and support of superior travel, rental, and property protection programs tailored to the unique needs of property managers and owners, travelers and renters, and software service providers throughout the US and beyond.
To fulfill its mission, InsureStays coordinates with insurance companies, brokers, intermediaries, agents, general agencies, underwriters, third party administrators as well as assistance and software service companies. The document that referred you to this notice (for example, a short form privacy notice in an application for coverage, a coverage verification letter, or the terms and conditions in your insurance policy) includes personal information you provided to the agent offering you coverage. “Personal Information” is information that identifies and relates to you or other individuals (such as your dependents)
- On this Website, the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (“Apps”) (collectively, including the Website and the Apps, referred to as the “InsureStays Online Services”); and
- Other means (for example, from your application and claim forms, telephone calls, emails and other communications with us or our authorized retailers, as well as from claim investigators, medical professionals, witnesses or other third parties involved in our business dealings with you).
Information We Obtain From You
During the quoting, application, customer support or claims handling processes you may give us Information such as your:
- phone number
- email address
- date of birth
If you gave to us or our authorized retailer your email address, InsureStays may use it from time to time to notify you of such things as new services, special offers, or to confirm transactions.
The Information We Disclose
Information about coverage holders or former customers will only be disclosed as needed, permitted or as required by law. Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records.
We use this Information to process and service your coverage; to support claims adjudication; with your consent; or as directed by you. We may also disclose it to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize. Information about our former coverage holders and about individuals who have obtained quotes from us is safeguarded to the same extent as Information about our current coverage holders.
The following are some examples of how we may disclose Information:
We may exchange Information about you with agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your coverage or adjudicating any claims you may make.
When you are involved in a claim, policy information is provided to adjusters and the businesses that will provide assistance to you.
We may share Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the Information to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions. If the law in your state permits, we may share Information with other institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Information that we provide to them confidential and to use the Information only for the purpose for which the Information was provided.
Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. The organization must agree not to redisclose the Information and the Information will be returned to us or destroyed when it is no longer needed.
We may also share your Information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if necessary during the claims process
- with coverage-related reinsurers
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to your Information to employees whom we have determined need it in order to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard customer information. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Information from unauthorized access by third parties.
Information, Privacy and Security Concerns
If you have a concern about privacy or security at InsureStays, we want to hear about it. Please contact us by any of the below means of contact:
- On the web: https://insurestays.com/contact/
- By Mail at our Mailing Address: InsureStays PO Box 4443, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: (843) 286-5144